Site-specific weather files and data (historical, current, and future)
See sample pdf file below for more information.
Sample weather files and data are also available for downloading (contact us for access).
- Advanced high-resolution atmospheric models and parameterizations tailored specifically to desired locations and sites (simulations are specific to site)
- Meteorological observations from mesonet and urbanet to augment the model
- Detailed remote-sensing and in-situ land-use and site characterizations
- Site-specific weather files formatted for input to building energy models, including for historical, probabilistic, actual, and future meteorological years
- Fine-scale microclimate zoning for planning and energy forecasting as an alternative to current, coarse, airport-based climate zones
- Weather files/data for historical, actual, current and future climates accounting for fine-scale intra-urban variations in microclimates
- Current and future land-use conditions and projections accounted for in dynamical downscaling of climate models
- Code-compliance and LEED-related modeling and applications.
The following article (pdf file) provides a brief summary of methods, models, data, and weather-file samples (for the Sacramento, California area as an example). A version of the article that appeared in the IBPSA World Newsletter, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 29-41, can also be accessed at: www.ibpsa.org/Newsletter/IBPSANews-30-2.pdf. Contact us more information or if interested in developing weather data that are specific to your location or project.